Monday, October 4, 2010

Clemson Surprise!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow

Anyone that knows me, KNOWS that I don't do spontaneous! This weekend is about as close as I have come...about Tuesday last week I decided to surprise the boys with a weekend to Clemson for the game! Little did I know that it was Homecoming weekend and a sold out game...ha! So, it caused a little scrambling and lots of help from some great friends (THANKS again, Allisons and Anneauxs!)It all worked out BEAUTIFULLY, and we had a great time!

Allison helped us find tickets (and they were AWESOME seats!!!), and the Anneauxs' let us use one of their hotel rooms...which had a hidden BONUS! The team stays at the hotel we stayed at, and a little birdie told us how to meet them and get signatures/pictures! Boy, did that tip pay off HUGE! We got to meet Dabo (and his boys) and LOTS of players! We had them all to ourselves! The boys were LOVING it!!! You all know that I am the only non-Clemson fan in our house, but after this weekend I could see how I may be converted! Dabo was SO nice!!! He didn't rush off, and he spent a few minutes talking to the boys! He even told them he hoped they had a good day tomorrow! Of course, we offered the same type day for him! ;) AND, the players were all great too! Almost all of them were stopping to sign the boys' hats, and a couple of them went up to drop off their stuff and CAME BACK DOWN!!! They were all SO nice!!!

Tailgating with the Anneauxs' (and friends...including the Allisons) before the game was fun! The boys had an absolute blast, and we did too! The game was fun too, even though the Tiger's lost, and yes, I really did want them to win! I even wore orange! ;) Our seats were really good, and we got to see lots! I think this is one of the memories we helped create that our boys will remember for a long time!

What did I learn from this experience??? Spontaneous isn't too bad, and I guess being a Tiger fan isn't too bad either! (Dabo and the team's generosity rubbed off on me!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad you had such a great experience at clemson and with our boys. one of the many reasons i am so proud to be a CU alum is what a bunch of stand up guys our players and coaches are. they always make me so proud, on and off the field!

Anonymous said...

oh, this is rebekah shennan

See What We Have Going On...