Sunday, November 28, 2010

Catching Up


Goodness Gracious! I've been very busy and have been not so good at posting! However, I HAVE still been taking pictures so in this post I will try to update on what we've been up to!



As promised after the last post, here's Logan showing off his "bobblehead" soccer trophy! To celebrate their season the team went to McDonalds to let the kids play and eat ice cream! They had a blast! He told his coach that he would be playing baseball in the Spring....we shall see! :)


How many people throw out their Christmas Tree and forget about that teeny, tiny detail??? At least one...Roger went up in the attic to get everything down so me and the boys could decorate our tree Wednesday night while he was at work to find (drum roll.....) decorations and NO tree. THEN, I remembered that I got rid of our other one because it was really too small for our tall ceilings! So, the boys and I went and bought another one. I must say, it looks MUCH better than our other one! We've never had our tree up before Thanksgiving, but since we were doing Thanksgiving Day at Gam-ma and Granddaddy's and the day after at Grandmother and Pa-paw's it was better for us to do it Wednesday. Might turn into "the" day we do it! :)



My Pecan Pie...I have never been one to like pecan pie, but I saw one cooked on the cooking channel and it looked so good! So good, that I had to find the recipe and try it out! It was very easy to make and VERY good! I should have taken a picture if it before we ate it...sliced with the vanilla ice cream on top and MY homemade caramel sauce drizzled over the top too! It was really good, and the first pie to be completely gone! :) I also made cummin roasted carrots, corn with fresh herbs, and cheddar and chive filled crescent twists...it was all very good!

Mom made all the rest of the food, and Dad carved the turkey! It was all good!

I finished off Thanksgiving with a night of shopping (beginning about 10:30 and ending about 7 Friday morning!)! Got almost EVERYTHING we needed! Now, got to wrap it all!!! The excitment of each morning for the boys is finding where "Fred" (our Elf on the Shelf) is hiding!!! Until the next post....I hope everyone is enjoys the month of December!!! Christmas will be here before we know it!

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...