Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11 (in Clemson)

I can still remember EXACTLY where I was ten years ago when I watched the tragedies of 9-11 unfold before my eyes. Austin was just a month old. I'd gotten up to feed him, and turned on the Today show when live reports broke in of the first plane crash into one of the twin towers. I called my mom to tell her to turn on the tv to see what had just happened (no one knew why or what exactly had happened at that point), and literally as we were on the phone watching together the second plane came in and crashed into the other tower (which sent the message of this being intentional)...VERY scary! That day changed so very much for so many people! And, it has meant a lifetime of an ongoing battle/war for what my own children know. I feel SO grateful for all the soldiers and their families that have sacrificed everything for us to remain safe and free here in the United States! This weekend there have been LOTS of ceremonies to help everyone remember...even at the Clemson game!

A twenty-one gun salute ceremony for a fallen soldier! LOTS of tearful eyes in the stadium! This certainly made me think of some friends of ours, Kay and Brent (and Noah and Brittany and Logan), who lost their son not too long ago! Their strength continues to amaze me!!!!!


Part of the half time show....They did an excellent job!!!! Everyone was SO quiet while they marched!!!


Heading into the game...(THANKS a MILLION to Bruce and Caroline for giving us their tickets!!!!!)! We had a blast!


Showing off his tatoo!


Austin enjoying a "Tiger Float"...vanilla ice cream, orange fanta, and purple/orange spinkles on top (thinking you could make a USC version with red fanta and black sprinkles...good for the USC/Clemson game!)


My three TIGER fans! :) Love 'em to pieces!


Very fitting to see the red, white, and blue balloons be released (mixed with the Clemson orange) beside the Memorial Stadium sign for today's game!!!! The balloon release is always one of my favorite parts of the game! So pretty!


Logan watching the balloons rise higher and HIGHER...I must admit, I watch 'em too! Austin kept his eye on ONE, white balloon as long as he could.


The balloons a little higher up!


Logan entertained himself with the Flip Camera towards the end of the game! NO telling what is on that thing at the moment!

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...