Saturday, August 7, 2010

Austin's 9th B-Day (pictures to follow soon)

Our Proud Birthday Boy!!!
Today had to be one of the easiest parties ever, but also one where all the kids seem to have blast and got along great! The only bad thing about an August b-day is the heat, but since the kids were all in the pool they didn't even notice! I can't believe I have to admit this, (and I feel TERRIBLE) but I didn't use my camera today at all...which is so UNLIKE me!!! However, there are plenty pictures (and even video) thanks to Uncle Mike!!! I wasn't feeling 100% so I let Uncle Mike fill in for me!

Austin truly has had a wonderful birthday! He's loving his guitar, and we went to Walmart this evening for him to be able to spend some of his gift cards/money. I have to say I was impressed he didn't want everything in sight! He decided on a Wii game, a PS3 game, and a Discovery Channel Dinosaur Movie for now, and he wants to save the rest for later! Smart boy!!! Funny how when it's THEIR money they spend they seem to understand the value much better than when it's our money we spend!Logan (amazingly) did well on our trip too understanding that it was Austin's b-day, and he only asked to put stuff on his "wish list!" (Phew!)

We teased Austin about being "Fake 9" because he was the one that started the "Fake 5" thing for Logan, but he turns "Real 9" tomorrow...wow! My oh my, how he's grown up so quickly! I seriously do remember when he was in my belly, and it really doesn't seem all that long ago!

We're into my last week of summer (sniff, sniff), and it's already busy with "stuff" and even me going to work a couple of days this week. The thing I dread the most for this week is Logan's well visit (complete with shotssss...uh-oh!). He says he's going to try to be brave so he can get a surprise! One of the things we are looking forward to the most is Austin's Sportsarama on Tuesday! They are having it at White Knoll High School, and he's so excited to play on that field!!! I'll take pictures of him in uniform this week and post a picture of that (along with some b-day photos too once I get them!). Thanks to everyone that helped us celebrate (including those of you that couldn't make it but still thought about him/us!!!)!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you all had such a good time.
happy birthday! NINE?? wow, steph!

enjoy sportsarama.

See What We Have Going On...