Friday, February 14, 2014

Thanksgiving at OUR House


This year we didn't follow our tradition of going to Kathy & George's for Thanksgiving. Since Zack and Lauren have moved to the Upstate, the rest of the Taylor gang went to their new house for Thanksgiving. Though we missed everyone, my idea of a holiday is not being spent in a car for hours... Thanksgiving should have plenty of time to eat, watch football, lounge, browse through the Black Friday ads, oh...and EAT again!!! So, I decided to go all out and cook Thanksgiving dinner here! The only thing I was even a little nervous about cooking was the turkey (never cooked a whole turkey before). Let me just throw this out there...WHY do they feel the need to stick a bag of guts along with the turkey neck bone inside the turkey for you to have to pull out...ICK!!! I would pay more to buy a turkey without that "extra" feature! I must say, it turned out FABULOUS! Thank goodness I learned (from watching both my Momma and Kathy) that turkeys ALWAYS take longer than what they tell you it will take. So, I started mine early in the morning, and dinner was ready at the time I actually said it would be...first Thanksgiving dinner here, and we did NOT have to eat later than expected...ACCOMPLISHMENT, I'd say so! We were joined by Uncle Mike, Haylee and the girls, Katelee (and her roommate, Katie), and my brother Zach (my mom and dad were working, and we sent yummy plates for them)! I count my blessings Everyday... I LOVE my family!

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...