Friday, April 17, 2009

Field Trip


Our 2nd Grade Field Trip to the Charleston Aquarium was today. Some people might think that taking over 100 seven and eight year olds on a bus ride that far away is a crazy thing to do, but in this electronic world we live in today...it was great! The kids all played their Nintendo DS, PSPs, or listened to their MP3 Players, and the bus ride was very "do-able!" The Aquarium was also a big hit with most of the students (and the 61 chaperones as well!). The new penguin exhibit was neat, but also a little disappointing. I'm used to the exhibit here at our zoo (which is great), and the one at the Aquarium didn't even compare. They also have a Bald Eagle there now too...or as one student exclaimed, "I just saw a bald owl!!!" We sure missed Katie, AKA Mrs. Vitters, on our trip! However, we have LOTS of pictures for her, and even some filmed footage so she can watch what she missed. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

ktbug said...

I really missed being there! I"m glad it was a success.

Your background it what I started off with. I like your choice. :)

luvbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

See What We Have Going On...