Sunday, February 28, 2010

Let the Season Begin!

Well, our soccer season has officially started! Both boys had their first game of the season today. I always find it kind of funny that we start off the Spring Season bundled up, freezing cold, but by the end of the season we are sweating and feel almost like we are melting! So, because it was cold and windy, I managed to take only a few shots. I'll try to do better next time! I didn't even take one of the boys together (AGH!!!!), and this is the first time they are playing soccer at the same season together. Roger has assured me that they will "dress up" for me again, and since the season goes through May, I won't stress over it too much! Here are my little soccer players!

Austin is playing his first season in U-10 this time. The fields are bigger, and he went from being one of the oldest players on the team to one of the youngest. However, his size helps him out, and he's not the smallest! He actually played all positions today (defender, forward, and goalie). Only one ball got by him while he was goalie. He did pretty good!

Logan had the option (okay, WE had the option) to either move up to U-6 or stay down in U-4. We chose to move him up to U-6 because he'll get more out of it! He's one of the smallest players, but he doesn't back down. He darts in and out of the players and takes the ball up the field. He still "people watches" some, but he WANTS to be out on that field playing! He gives it all he's got! And, you can see that even though in his age group they don't have a goalie, he'll sometimes stake out that "position" to keep the other team from scoring...smart boy! ;)

Katie, I posted this picture just for you! I promise it's not just Hannah, or the age, that causes her to get a closer look at the camera. Logan still does it every now and then! ;)

1 comment:

ktbug said...

Thanks for the tip :)

Hannah and I need to come watch some soccer this Spring. We'll wait till the melting half though.

See What We Have Going On...