Monday, January 10, 2011

More Snow!!! "Rarely Happens", Huh?


Okay, so this RARELY happens in SC, right!?! But, funny how in less than two weeks we've gotten it twice! This time we have over five inches!!! It's the good, powdery snow at the moment (in fact, too powdery to roll into snowballs or snowmen)! It started snowing around midnight and was still coming down hard this morning at 8! However, all this snow is being followed by LOTS of freezing rain/sleet. The roads are covered (which also doesn't usually happen). Roger's normal 7-minute drive from work took about 40 minutes this morning, and his Jeep took a spin going down hill(in 4 wheel drive). When he says "Stay off the roads!" You know it's bad! I still can't believe Michelin is still operating, but how would it look for a snow tire making company to close due to snow...that would for sure end up on a competetor commercial! They are allowing people to call in if they feel they can't make it, and they are just running what they can!

On a different note, School has been cancelled for today (and looks like it might be cancelled again tomorrow if the weather does what it is predicted to do...and maybe even delayed on Wednesday!?!)! This week was already a short week for us anyway. Thursday is a half day (due to exams and end of the nine weeks), and Friday is a Teacher In-Service Day. On top of that, Monday is a holiday! Wow....craziest week of my teaching career for sure. AND, I have a student teacher that was supposed to have her first day. Looks like one her craziest teaching weeks will be her first!

I plan to enjoy my boys and the snow/ice mix we have (and are continuing to get!)! Snowmen are in our future, and we will sled/slide down the hill in the backyard from the pool!!! So, I will have more pics to share later! I hope everyone enjoys our time off (might as well make the best of it!!!), and pray all that have to travel (and/or work) in this weather stay safe (including Mom, Dad, and Katelee tomorrow as they go to MUSC again for more testing/follow up from last surgery...BIG prayers for you, Kate!!!! Me and the man upstairs had a big talk about you, and I know he was listening! Love you)!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Prevatte said...

Looks like you all the great stuff! we had some snow but mostly frozen ice :( It was still nice to be off with the kids wasn't it :)

Stephanie said...

Yes, ma'am, it was! We got at least 4-5 inches of good, powdery snow! Love my days home!!! This is sort of like an unanswered prayer...though I want my days of later, I have been feeling like there just literally aren't enough hours in the day! This is helping me get caught up on non-school stuff (and a little ahead on my Walden school stuff!)! Enjoy the day tomorrow too!

See What We Have Going On...