Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Before and After...Floors

Can I just say, "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new floors!" They make such a difference in the house, and it's looking more and more like "our" house! I have all these ideas in my head of what I want to do to the house, and it's just getting to be the time when we do some of them. I couldn't be happier with the floors! The company (and installers) that put the floors in were FABULOUS, and I highly recommend them to ANYONE even thinking of getting hardwood floors! See what you think....

Looking beyond the living room....



The front door...we had them take up the hardwood that was already there so when you walk in from the front door all the hardwood you see is the same! :)



The fireplace (duh! Like you can't tell what it is!)



The view from when you walk in the front door! What a difference!!!



Now, the big dilema is furniture. The odd shape of our living room...the openess to other rooms, not having "good" walls to anchor furniture to, and the placement of the fireplace make where and what furniture to have an issue. Since we've lived here we've only had two love seats in the living room, and it's worked okay. We went tonight to look at a sectional, but our room just won't cooperate for the pieces I want! So, it's back to the drawing board. For now, we're sticking with the furniture we've got and getting a rug (next project hunt!). I'm not going to stress about the furniture, for now, I am just going to enjoy our new floors!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they look great, steph.
did you use a local place?

Stephanie said...

We used Lowes to order the supplies, and we used Eli Floors (out of Charlotte and Greenville) to install! They did GREAT!!!!!!!

Kelly Potter said...

Looks great! What a difference! I love to play around with furniture and see the different places that you can put them. Want me to come over one day and "play" with the furniture with you? I also have a great idea about rugs- call me when you have a free moment!

See What We Have Going On...