Sunday, March 20, 2011

BUSY, but GREAT weekend!!!

My favorite guys!!!!

Wow, what a weekend it has been! It started off Friday with Roger and I having a "date night" without the boys. That doesn't happen too often. We are quite different than most people I know because we like to do things with the boys and not get away from them. I attribute a big part of that to a rotating schedule. Roger is only off two weekends a month and sometimes those weekends are followed by weeks where we don't get to see him during the week. So, we really do treasure and need that time together as a family! :) That and the fact I can't believe how much they have grown already, and I don't want to look back and wish we had done things differently! You just can't go wrong with planning family time! It makes me sad to think of how fast time is flying by! If I could freeze time, this might be the age I would do it at! Austin is somewhat independent, but still doesn't think we're (too) annoying. And, Logan is starting to do lots on his own, and he's so easy to make happy!


Saturday morning started off at the t-ball field! I am loving being back at the baseball field. The "t-ballers" are just so cute...especially ours!


We left Logan's game and went STRAIGHT to Great Wolf Lodge for a mini-vacation with our boys! We were there for about 24 hours total, and we packed in a TON of things to do! The water park was what we started with! Both boys LOVED the water slides..all of them! Austin's favorite was the Tornado one, and Logan's favorite was the wave pool (though he liked the slides too!). I didn't get many pictures (okay, not really ANY) of the boys in the waterpark because you get SOAKED!!! Yes, mom and dad had to join in on the "fun!" Roger kept reminding me that all this was MY idea, and I will take all the credit he'll give me! Though I know he had just as much fun with the boys as I did!


The waterpark was followed by checking out the room, dinner, a little MagiQuest, a magic show, and ice cream. Then, two sleepy boys drifted off to sleep watching Harry Potter...READY to wake up early and start all over again!


I have TONS of pictures (too many to put on here right now!). If you have ever considered going to Great Wolf Lodge, keep it on your plan book! The boys had a blast!!! But, be prepared to be tired when you are done. As I sit here posting this, both boys are rough housing in our room and Roger and I are sitting on the couch feeling ready for bed already! I loved seeing their faces light up with excitement with EVERYTHING they did! What a great weekend!!!! Oh, yeah, we left there and went straight to a soccer game before coming home! Busy weekend for sure...but one we'll ALL remember as a GREAT one! :)

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...