Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Here are my two little heart and souls (My "big one" had to work!)...I've spent a wonderful day with my two boys! We started out going to a "surprise" for them; which turned out to be a movie, African Cats! Austin had been wanting to see it. It was good, and even had a Mommy Theme going for it! So, it ended up being a great movie for today! After the movie, we headed over to the mall. Logan got to walk without holding my hand (sniff, sniff)...though he'd grab it out of habit (SMILE!). They each got to pick out some clothes for themselves (without too much input from Mom). They had fun doing this! Austin chose to shop in American Eagle...NOT a KID store! :( And, Logan went to Gymboree! Once leaving the mall, we stopped at Cracker Barrell to eat (their pick!), and of course, you can't go there without shopping in their store too! Once coming home, they enjoyed some time in the pool. I think they've had a WONDERFUL day, and I KNOW I have!!! So, traditionally Mother's Day is all about the Momma, right!?! I wanted to let my boys know that I appreciate them for everything they are!!! So, I turned the tables today and celebrated them!!! One day, they'll be big enough to take me out, but for today...just being with them and watching them have fun was the best thing I could have asked for!!! Love them both with ALL my heart!!!

Austin-Boston, My Snoodle...I can't believe you'll be turning double digits this year!!! You make me and your dad VERY proud!!! You are an awesome son, brother, student, and athlete! You have taught me SO much about being a mom! In fact, you have sort of been like the "guinea pig" for us since you are our first born! Hope we haven't let you down! :) I think by the way you are turning out, we haven't done too bad! I LOVE how you still want me to tuck you in and say your "lay-me's" every night! I LOVE how I still get a hug (most days) as you leave my classroom to go to yours. I LOVE our little "singing time" in the car as we drive to get Logan. I LOVE everything about you!!! I hope as you grow up even more, you still talk to me and your dad as much as you do now! Love you to Pluto and Back!


Logan-Bogan, My Doodlebug....You are SO very different than your brother! You are our little daredevil, and at times it scares me to death! Other times, it makes me proud because you aren't afraid to try new things! You mimic a song from Yo Gabba Gabba (a show I dispise), "Try it, You'll like it!" You are growing up WAY TOO FAST for my liking!!! You aren't quite little anymore, but you still like to cuddle when you are tired! We'll take it as long as we can get it! You have done so well in your pre-school class with Mrs. Merri! Can't believe your "graduation" is coming up in a couple of weeks! We really like watching you play t-ball and hope you'll continue with it next season!!! I love how you randomly say the sweetest things...out of the blue! I love you to Pluto and back, too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww, steph.
how very sweet.
so glad you got to spend the day enjoying what made you a mom.

thanks for sharing!
(and hopefully next year roger will have the day off) (:

See What We Have Going On...