Saturday, May 21, 2011

Logan's Pre-School Graduation

Here's our little graduate! I can't believe he's already five years old. He amazes me with what he can do, and he CRACKS me up with his personality. I wouldn't say he's "reading" yet, but he's VERY close!!! He can read words, and he sounds things out very well phonetically! He still loves to be read to (and insists on our bedtime story....or two or three) EVERY night! He's been picking one of their children's Bibles to read from. So, we've been reading a different story each night. He really seems to like to write (SO the opposite of Austin!!!), and he will ask how to spell things all the time. When I have him write the sounds he hears, I am amazed! He wrote C-A-T-R-P-I-L-R the other day for caterpillar! BIG SMILE from me on that one!!! He seems to really like math too! He's on an adding kick these days, and gets it right most every time. Today on the way to his game, he was even doing three numbers together! His teacher says is quite sure of himself, and she sees NO side of ANY trouble with him at school (which amazes us bc he's out little handful at times). I couldn't be happier with how this year has gone!!! Logan has a proud Momma and Daddy, FOR SURE!!!

Thanks, Uncle Mike!!! You can see he's very happy to have money he can go spend!!! :)

Pastor Tommy LOVES all the kiddos at SBP! Austin has his wife as one of his teachers this year (yay!), and we would see them both at the White Knoll football games when we went. Pastor Tommy would always give Logan a hard time about his Clemson attire (at school or the games!). He does a great job looking after all the kids there too!

Mrs. Merri taught both the boys' 4K Class, and I am truly AMAZED at what she teaches all her kids in only 3 hours! Both of them would come home and rattle off amazing things for a four year old to know. Austin was more than prepared for kindergarten, and Logan is now beyond ready too. I told her after she taught Austin that she could retire until after she had our little one. Now, she's finished teaching our little one so she has my permission to retire when she's ready. :) I highly recommend Springdale Baptist Preschool to ANYone looking for a great place to enroll their child!

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...