Sunday, April 3, 2011

Times to Remember in the Future!

Austin and Logan posing for a quick picture...I have a gazillion pictures of the the boys (and I can never have too many!), and most of the ones with Logan in them he's not looking at the camera unless he's tricked into it. He's always so busy with what he's doing, and he has a hard time with "not" doing it for the mili-second it takes to take the pictures.

I love being a mom more than anything else, and this week for one of the first times I had to go with my gut and make a decision about letting one of them do something I wasn't really all that comfortable with. It was only over a birthday party, but I knew there were going to be other people there I don't think are good influences, I didn't know know the parents, and there didn't seem to be a clear plan for what the kids would be doing...I chose to stick with my gut, and I am so glad I did. This time Austin wasn't even upset or mad that I didn't let him go (Phew! God has blessed us with such great kids!!!), and I did have a back up plan...we packed in the weekend with fun, and we let Avery spend the night (his first since his diagnosis)! I'd say I passed my first "nursing" over night, and the weekend has been a success! We still have most of the day left today...soccer later and of course, more pics out in this beautiful weather! It's going to be a great day!

(Griffin, Logan, Eddie, LJ, Daniel, Cole) It seems like just yesterday when Austin was in 4K with Mrs. Merri at Springdale Baptist Preschool. But, he's grown like a weed and is about as big as me! Now, Logan is there (and not even for much longer) and loving it! We went to LJ's birthday party yesterday. LJ is one of Logan's best little friends from school. After talking with his mom it's good to know that LJ talks about Logan as much as Logan talks about LJ. We plan to get the boys together this summer!
While the "little brothers" play in their t-ball games, Austin and Riley provide entertainment for us...but more importantly for themselves! They were fully aware I was recording them for this, and they even asked for me to start over once! We'll be able to hang onto this video for bribery later in their future! And, we'll also probably get a little teary-eyed when they are grown and we miss these days!
I take lots of pictures at Logan's games, and today was no different. However, I also took a video shot today of the handshake after the game! I want to capture every minute I can of my boys and all they do! I want to leave nothing to chance when it comes to memories later in life...or now, for that matter!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

what a small world, Savannah goes to SBP and is in Miss Brittany's class!! great pics too! you have a beautiful family!

See What We Have Going On...