Monday, April 18, 2011

Easter Cookies (Round 1)

Spring Break is, of course, a much needed time...but I know the week will go by too quickly! I'm trying to pack in as much as I can with the boys (and still get some relaxing time at home too!). Today began with my MRI (which hopefully will have some results tomorrow) followed by lunch with the boys and Haylee's crew! Then, it was off to Michaels (they have some good stuff on sale this week!) in search of meringue powder and then to the pool store. We got all stocked up on chemicals for the summer, or at least, for most of it! The water will "chemically" be ready for the boys after tomorrow, and I think it's still too cold to get in, but they are determined to get in that pool before we go back to school. We'll see how blue their lips turn! :) Once we got home, we began our first attempt at Easter Cookies with Royal Icing! They came out pretty good, especially for our first time doing it!


Here's Logan tasting his finished product!


Logan decided to taste his cookie icing as soon as he finished decorating it (hence the finger smear)! He did a good job decorating!


Austin's cookies are more swirled all over! His cookies look neat too!


Austin tearing into his cookie creation! He dripped icing all over Bree's head when he initially picked his cookie up (because he didn't let his dry). I should have taken THAT picture!


This was the first one I made. I didn't make too many cookies tonight since Easter is still a ways off. We just wanted to practice working with the Royal Icing. It dries pretty quickly (even with adding the glycerin), but the colors are so bright! And, I like how it actually dries on the cookie! We'll certainly be making more later this week! I have a chocolate sugar cookie recipe that I can't wait to try!!! Tomorrow morning we'll be out at The Patch picking strawberries! Can't wait!!! I LOVE spending time with my boys!

1 comment:

The Crotwell Family said...

Nice job on your cookies!!! I think baking is soooo much fun, I would love to work at a bakery making cakes and cookies all day. I know it was messy but I'm sure those cookies were delicious. Looks like you guys are having a great spring break. Hope all goes well with you MRI results. Enjoy strawberry picking, I think we are going after Easter, and Allie-Ann is going to wear an old shirt this time around.

See What We Have Going On...