Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Strawberry Picking!!!


Me and my boys!!!! We started out our day pretty early by heading out to The FARM to pick some strawberries! We tried our hand at this last year, but we came on a "bad" day. This time it was a huge success!!! We met Katie and Hannah there, and all the kids (and even the adults) had fun! I got LOTS of great pictures! Too many to post on here! I may do a Smilebox later, but I hesitate doing that too often because when I finally do print out my blog into a book, the smilebox's won't print out...so, for now, here are a few of the good ones that help showcase each one of my boys! I highly recommend going to do this to everyone! The timing is perfect! The strawberries are so sweet and juicy, and the weather is perfect ot be out in! They told us today they hope this crop will last through the first of June! That gives us time to go back when we just have to have the perfect strawberry again!


Heading out into the field to begin the picking!


Hard at work! Amazingly they worked well together the entire time...pointing out "GOOD" ones to each other!


Austin had to make sure the strawberries were "safe" to put in our buckets! "Mmmmmmm! These are SO good!!!!"


I think Logan ate as many as he put in his bucket! It's really a good thing they don't make you pay for the ones you eat! :) Those are such a SWEET, JUICY bonus of picking yourself!!!!


Both my boys were quite proud of their filled buckets! Of course, they are filled with ONLY the perfect strawberries!!!


We managaed to get a shot of the three (Hannah, Austin, and Logan) of them before we left! I am really glad we went on a "picking day" this year! Last year over Spring Break, we attempted to go, but it wasn't a picking day. So, we headed to The Farmer's Shed instead. We still had a good time, but this year was certainly better! I look forward to it again next year (or later this year because the strawberries are SO good we just might have to go back!)!!!

STAY TUNED to see how the boys' lemonade stand goes.....

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...