Thursday, June 16, 2011

Clemson Football Camp - Day 1

Well, I posted the Football Camp Days backwards....oops...but I am SO glad we sent Austin to the Clemson Football Camp! The set up was great, and he learned A LOT!!! I'm very impressed with how it was run, and I'm pretty sure it will become a yearly thing (as long as Austin wants to go!)!!!

The coach towards the left with his back to the camera is Dabo. He was VERY hands on the entire camp! GREAT role model for the kids!!!

Sometimes you learn the hard way...The boys got to eat whatever they wanted in the dining hall (and as much). The first day for lunch Austin ate pizza, ice cream, and soda! Then, he didn't feel too well when he came back out to practice (really just his head was hurting). He didn't eat like that again the rest of camp! :) After I went over and talked to him in the first aid tent, the trainer asked Austin if he was ready to go back out. He replied, "No, but my mom is making me!" Such a mean mom, LOL!

Logan and Aliza Grace had plenty to do to keep themselves occupied!

Can you tell how happy Logan is? He truly just enjoys being there! Roger likes being there with the boys too, and I think, he's happy to be wearing me down on team selection...LOL!

The Tiger Paw...all a-glow! It really is a beautiful campus! And, the atmosphere and people are great! I must admit, after spending two completely different weekends up there now, it's rubbing off on me! Seeing both my boys get so excited about being there has a little to do with it too!

We got to see highlights and stats of previous and current Clemson players! The boys all loved being on the hill for the showing!

Logan watched very closely in awe! He was loving it!

After the player highlight film went over, Dabo announced,"Now, let's watch some future Clemson players!" I am hoping we can get a copy of the film. Austin was only on it for about a second (where you could actually tell it was him), but it was still neat! ALL the boys LOVED seeing themselves on the jumbotron!!!

Leaving my "biggen" overnight for the first time when it wasn't with family or close by friends. He was SO excited to be sleeping in the "REAL dorms!" :)

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...