Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guess Who Learned to Cut the Grass!?!

So, Austin (and his friend, Keller) have this vision of starting a plant watering/lawn cutting business to earn money for things they want (aka...new games!). When they first approached me with this idea, they said they would charge like $4.50 an hour (and asked if that was a good price). Once I put that into perspective for them saying it takes about 2 hours to do a whole yard, and that they would get $9 for the yard at that price, they QUICKLY raised their prices! LOL! This whole idea is a little funny because NEITHER of them have EVER cut the grass before! But, they don't think it's that difficult of a job.....we'll see how this business kicks off! ;) So, Austin ASKED if he could PLEASE cut our grass today to prove he could do it.....Ask and you shall receive, right?

So, here's Roger walking him around the yard showing him what to do...

Here's Roger talking him through what to do before letting go!

Taking the lead alone with Dad keeping a close distance, just in case...

And, finally, ALL by himself! Wow...amazing how fast they grow up! As I sit (in our air conditioned house...I do have clothes going in the washer and dryer!) Roger is outside with the weed eater, and Austin is cutting the grass! I am SURE Roger is VERY glad to have some help out there! I'm not so sure Austin is loving the idea (anymore), but I love seeing them out there working together!!! Though I must admit, I never thought I'd be blogging about cutting grass! It's a big milestone for him though...just like sitting up and walking for the first time. When they get his age (ALMOST double digits!), the milestones look a little different!

Since beginning this post....I must add, Austin has changed his mind....and says it is NOT (NOT!!!!!) fun to cut the grass, and he also adds it is HOT out there!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny!
well, maybe he'll come up with another great idea.

See What We Have Going On...