Thursday, June 2, 2011

Austin's Awards Day & Logan's Trophy


Austin's Awards Day was last Friday (and, again, THANKS to Mrs. Jeffcoat for watching my class so I could go!). I am a proud Momma! We've been lucky that Austin has always done well in school. He likes to please (yay!), and so far, he's been successful! Though he really doesn't have a choice...ha! There was one S.Studies test that he didn't do well on this year, and after a talk with mom (and the threat of the DS being taken away) and some studying (and, yes, 4th grade caused some of that for him!!!) he made a 100 on the next S.Studies test! Just helps prove with effort things are ALWAYS better for school work! :) Can't believe our Austin will be in 5th grade next year. I already know I'll need some tissues at the 5th grade "graduation" next year. There's just something about your child leaving the school you've always been at WITH him. Though I already know CSMS is wonderful!

Here are Logan and Rex showing off their cute trophies!

T-ball is cute to watch for about the first inning of the first game, and after that, it's really only cute when your child (or your child's friends) are hitting or fielding the ball. Logan has been begging us to let him play baseball for the past two years, and we finally thought he was ready this year. He loved the hitting part, but waiting for the WHOLE other team to hit was no fun for him! He liked practices better than games (because practices were mostly hitting and small group activities). Not sure he'll want to play baseball next season. When I tried to remind him that HE was the one that begged to play, his response was, "Well, why didn't ya tell me it was 'bo-wing'!?!" I love baseball (since I played softball, I actually understand it!)! So, hopefully he'll want to play again in the future (perhaps I can convince him to play when he can do coaches pitch). He's already talking about soccer (again). :)

No comments:

See What We Have Going On...